On Saturday while we were waiting between the luncheon and reception we all went to Denver's Aquarium. Emily thought it was neat and the grownups were amazed, but Ashley hated it. Here are our fishy faces-
This is the story of our family and how we came to be. Hope this brings a few smiles.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I believe there are angels among us
Last weekend we took a trip to Fort Collins, Colorado for Bryan's cousin Kristen's wedding. We left Friday the 9th around 11am and expected to get in about 8pm. Five miles east of Evanston, Wyoming we got in a wreck on the freeway. I was driving and came up on a hail storm. I was driving in the right lane in cruise control at 75 mph and slide off the road hydro-planing, headed for the middle. What happened next was the longest 10 seconds of my and Bryan's life. We spun counter clockwise, crossed a lane of traffic and the passenger-side back door smashed a metal reflector pole. We finished our crash with our back right side of the car hitting the metal barrier separating the two directions of traffic. AND WE ARE ALL OKAY! We were saved by 8 feet of thick sand off the side of the road and some tough guardian angels. We were able to drive away from our 75 mph wreck with no injuries and minor car damage. Can you even believe it?
Bryan started screaming as soon as we started spinning and I started screaming when I realized that the brakes weren't working, but the girls were fine until it was all over. Emily was so excited for our trip that when she realized our car was facing the wrong way after the crash she started bawling because we weren't going the right way to Colorado anymore. We drove back into Evanston and got our the car's alignment fixed, got two tires and we were on our way.
On Saturday while we were waiting between the luncheon and reception we all went to Denver's Aquarium. Emily thought it was neat and the grownups were amazed, but Ashley hated it. Here are our fishy faces-

On Saturday while we were waiting between the luncheon and reception we all went to Denver's Aquarium. Emily thought it was neat and the grownups were amazed, but Ashley hated it. Here are our fishy faces-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Silly fishy faces! Glad you are all ok. I was once in an accident just north of Ceadar City. Scared me to death! Seth and Molly were with me. We hit a sign post which slowed our tumble off the freeway. I was sure we were going to roll. The front window completely shattered and the snow started falling us in the car. I was so grateful to have angels catch us safely. Next time you are in Colorado I had better be home. Last time you came, was I in California? I'd drive out to see you and those darling little girls! PS Grandma Jane
PS continues... or rather anut Jane is wrote the above comment.
That is so scary. I'm so glad you are all okay and how amazing that your car is okay. No cruise control on wet roads Maegan! :)
wow! you really were being watched over! i'm hoping we'll be able to go to the bbq on the 21st but we also have a lot of things going on that day so we'll have to do some juggling but i really really want to come...so we'll probably be there. glad you guys are all safe! love ya'
ps you have been tagged...see my blog for details!
We're so glad that everyone is OK. There are definitely people watching out for us. I think it's hilarious that Emily cried not because of the accident but because you weren't headed in the right direction anymore. Classic! So glad to hear everyone's OK. Obviously Heavenly Father was watching over you that day.
How many times have I read that you should never use cruise control in rain, snow or hail? So glad everyone is okay. My kids would have been traumatized just from Jim and I screaming.
How scary!! Car accidents are the worst. I am glad that you are all okay. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment