
September 21st was the first day of autumn and we have been celebrating. The girls understand autumn and they love it! Emily collects fall colored leaves and so we made a leaf wreath and have it hanging on our front door. For Joyschool we are learning about the Joy of the Earth and we went on a field trip to a state park on Thursday. The kids collected a bag full of treasures and it was a good time.
We moved Ashley into the room with Emily and into her new toddler bed. She was waking up frequently crying in her crib and so we

thought we'd try it out. There were a couple nights when the girls would wake each other up and play from 3-5 a.m., but once that got under control it's been great. And no more Ashley crying in the night and she doesn't get out of bed either- yippee! I was hugging Ashley and saying she was my sweet baby. "No mom, I am a toddler!" she informed me.
Bryan and I have decided on a half marathon race. Saturday January 17th in St. George, Utah we will be there running 13.2 miles. Anyone interested, please come and join us. This week is our first week of training.
I tried canning peaches by myself for the first time.

Thanks to Grandma Judy for the equipment, aunt Amy for the peaches, and my friend Julie for watching my kids and helping cut peaches.

I think all 7 jars turned out. I haven't actually tried them yet but they all sealed and they look beautiful! I also did peach freezer jam this year. 'Millions of peaches, peaches for me.'
The last news for our family just happened this afternoon- Ashley peed on the potty! We tried potty training in May- didn't work. Before today she wanted to wear panties but has refused to sit on the toilet. Today she woke up an hour early and was crying to put on panties. This morning we had 4 accidents within a couple hours and I was ready to give up, but she kept wanting to try. And then it worked! She got candy, stickers, hugs, cheers, etc and was feeling pretty good. Unfortunately we are headed on a road trip on Sunday to AZ and so maybe it's not the best timing, but the girl was obviously ready to do it. Yeah Ashley!
2 comments:
YAY for Ashley! Sounds like fun, I can't wait to see you guys soon! How you just need to train her and have another one! LOL! I need another pregnant soul with me. Hope all is well and talk to you soon!
I am so impressed by your canning. You're definitely a true Mormon woman.
Post a Comment