Friday, October 24, 2008

Octob-where?

Where did October go? I am pretty sure I've been living it, it's just gone by so fast.
After our trip to AZ, my mom came back to Utah with us and stayed for a few days. We loved every minute of having her here. We had a very early snow and on Sunday the 12th we built our first Frosty of the season.

The girls and I started swimming lessons again (Emily level 2, Ash and I in a mommy & me). When Emily got chicken pox we missed our summer session so they rescheduled us. After getting into the water, I know why no one else signs up for fall- it's freezing! Emily is like a fish and loves every minute of class and for the first time Ashley is kind of liking it. So we will keep going until mid November.

Joyschool is in full swing and going great. Their Halloween parade with songs was cute. From left to right- Cami, Nathan, Sarah, Brooke, and Emily (holding a broom). We did a field trip to the pumpkin patch and we all picked out pumpkins- very fun.

I've been keeping up with running 3 times a week and although I hate running, early mornings, and the cold- the regular friends therapy and the exercise payoffs keep me going. Both Bryan and I have chosen not to run the half marathon.

My 28th birthday was on the 22nd. Happy Birthday to Maegan! It was a nice day with a lunch date with my sweetie and lots of nice phone calls, cards, and some fun presents. The girls picked out their presents for me: a care bear washcloth, a 1" plastic birthday cake, and party hats. They also helped make me a cake and loved helping with candles. Bryan built me an arts & crafts table for the basement. He worked really hard and the result is so beautiful. Bryan is totally a carpenter. My b-day party in Provo was at aunt Stephanie's house and my girls absolutely adore their bird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kids look adorable. I love the broom!