Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Arizona Adventure

My sister, brother and six other people drove up from AZ to watch Conference in downtown Salt Lake City. I took advantage of the multiple co-pilots and drove back with them to Arizona. I thought it we would spread out the trip over 2 days, but my girls did so well in the car that we made the 14 hour trip in one day.
While we were here Emily went to school with Grammy in second grade. She loved it! She got her own desk, talked about our bodies and learned how to spell whoooooooo (who). She raised her hand and asked questions, got to eat snack, go out for recess, line up, draw on the white board and play with math blocks. Ashley also loved going to school and sitting in her desk.
We also went to the Arizona Desert Museum and saw some really cool stuff. The girls loved riding around the little strollers, looking at all the animals, climbing through rock and cave tunnels, and getting shoulder rides from their uncles Wes and Garrett. My favorites were the otter, beaver and butterflies.
We will see how we do with the drive home on Thurs/Friday. Luckily we'll have Grammy along and so it should be good times.

In other news- Bryan's sister Stephanie Lee had a healthy baby girl on Tuesday October 7th and named her Melody Kate. The Hanks grandchildren now total 7 girls and 2 boys .

1 comment:

Brianne said...

This sounds like a fun trip. I'm impressed that your girls did so well with the long drive. That's amazing. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY...so I know I'm a day late, but I thought about you yesterday, and just didn't get around to sending you an email. So, sorry I'm late. I hope you had a good one and I will see you on Sunday. Yeah!!