Monday, April 21, 2008

I did it!



SLC 1/2 marathon results: 2 hours 10 minutes 7 seconds- 13.1 miles at 9:56 each mile. My running partner Abbi and I ran together the whole time. Every 2 miles we saw Bryan on his bike where he took pictures and cheered. We felt good physically the whole time. Mile 11-12 was the toughest. We sprinted the last 1/2 mile to the finish line and felt like we finished strong. The rest of the day was pretty low key- nap, reading to the kids, went on a date, and talked to family. Bryan was the best cheerleader during the race and afterwards he cooked all weekend and even gave me a massage on my sore muscles. Shout-out to my sweetie!
A correction on my previous post, the Moab 1/2 marathon I did in 2007 was 2 hours 27 minutes.

6 comments:

shelley said...

HOLY COW!!!! It would seriously take me 3 days to complete a 1/2 marathon. Good for you! Now we need some pictures.

Melissa said...

Congratulations. I'm so impressed! Isn't that so much fun? Good for you.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Yes, pictures. You're so awesome Maegan! And Bryan is pretty awesome too.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!

scooping it up said...

Congrats Mae, I bet the training has put you in great shape! The vacation looks wonderful. Hope all is well.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Good job on the race. I think it it funny that your mom--the one in Arizona--is the most tan of all the Utah ladies. I didn't think I was tan until I was standing next to family in Denver.

Glad you all had fun.