This is the story of our family and how we came to be. Hope this brings a few smiles.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Countdown to 1/2 marathon
It's coming this Saturday- 13.1 miles. It will be the SLC marathon and the race begins at 7am. Actually we'll be getting up at 5 am to get ready, drive to the shuttles, get to the race start and go to the bathroom. The runners will be me, my running partner/ neighbor Abbi Cox, my uncle Bill, Abbi's husband Chad and three of her in-laws- 7 runners in all. Already I am getting excited and nervous. Today we ran our last pre-race run. There is a small chance of rain this weekend so if you could just all cross your fingers we'll not be dumped on, that would be great! The cheerleaders will be Bryan and my aunt Amy. The girls will be home asleep with my cousin Hannah during most of the race. My previous 1/2 marathon was in March 2007 and my time was 2 hours and 22 minutes. It would awesome if I could get under 2 hours, but my goal really is just to cross the finish line. My left toe pain is under control with a special get foot pad my doctor recommended. I am pretty sure this will be my last race, but that's what I thought last time too. I won't ever do a full marathon as I think it's not good on your body and consumes too much time for training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
GOOD LUCK!!!! I want pictures of you racing - Bryan, get on that! I'll do a no rain dance for you here in NC...
Way to go. I am doing a race on Sat. too. Mine is only 4.2 miles. Laura,and Scott (my bro and sis) are training for a 1/2 marathon in Jan.. Let me know how this one goes. I love reading your blog.
I'm so glad we did track together (it was back in 9th grade I quit after 2 weeks) haha. I'm still not a runner but I think its amazing that you do it. I hope it went well for you!!
Hey Mae! How'd it go? I'm sure you're relaxing now. :)
Post a Comment