Emily's Thanksgiving Day celebration is happening tomorrow at school and part of it are the 3 sisters. As we drove home from Emily getting her hair cut, this was the discussion the girls were having about the 3 sisters:
Em: Mom I decided which of the 3 sisters I want to bring tomorrow. It's beans!
Me: That's great b/c that's what Grammy asked us to bring. I just bought 2 cans.
Ash: The 3 sisters are corn, beans, and squash
Em: No it's corn, gourds and squash
Ash: No it's beans
Em: Yea I know, because gourds and squash are the same
Ash: Pretend a gourd came by and squashed the squash. Squash the squash. Ha ha ha. Then there was a new squash.
Em: Are gourds and squash the same mom?
Me: I don't know. Let's go home and research.
I enjoyed the separateness of the conversation that was weaving in and out of connectedness.
Ashley has her kindergarten Thanksgiving play tomorrow. She plays the part of a pilgrim girl and has two lines. Her teacher is over the top fantastic and the parents are super at helping out in the class. Ash came home today with a pattern block/ feather headband, a dyed bead necklace, and a pillowcase cut and puffed painted to look like an Indian outfit. She wore that outfit to get smoothies, to Home Depot, while eating lunch, playing pollies, etc. In all, more than six hours of wearing a pillowcase and loving it. Tonight during dinner I got a preview of the 5 turkey songs that the kids will be singing at the show. Later while thinking about her big day Ashley said, "Tomorrow is the best day of my life!" Being 5 1/2 is a pretty good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment