Part one was painting- girls had tempra paints and boy had very watery watercolors. They first painted egg shells (scrambled eggs for breakfast and then rinsed the shells). Then we moved onto egg cartons. Ash painted hers purple, Ems multi-colored. Then we mixed paint into sand to change the color. That proved the trickiest task. Emily made a dark, dark green and Ash had 3 colors- orange, yellow and purple.


Part two we made egg cartons into monsters. We glued on pipe cleaners and poms-poms.
The egg shells we were going to use to crush and then glue on paper as texture. Instead they sat around until Aaron destroyed them. We thought about putting them as fertilizer for flowers. I was unsure if the paint would be a bad idea for the plants, so opted not to.
The sand we let dry and then poured glue on paper and sprinkled the sand on. When we tipped the paper to get the excess sand off, the glue shapes changed but they turned out cute.
It's too bad I threw all the finished projects away before I took pictures. When I'm ready to throw their projects away, it's because I am really ready to my counter space back.
No comments:
Post a Comment