SWIM,
There were 6 lengths of the pool to swim, totaling 150 yards. I've swam laps twice since 2004 so I wasn't prepared for this part. I think I did okay- at least I didn't stop or drown.
(Transition)
I was worried about how it would be to change events, run bare foot from the pool, factor in the cold (50's) while wet, if I would forget something, etc. It all worked out pretty good.
BIKE,
I've owned my bike for 3 weeks or so now and been on a bike 4-5 times this year. Included was 1 pretty decent fall, which did not include stitches but multiple bandages and bruises on elbows and legs. The 2.5 mile ride was pretty good. The hardest part of the race was my breathing. After getting out of the pool I was panting hard and never seemed to catch my breath the whole race. I got passed by 4 people.
& RUN
This was the part I felt the most comfortable doing. I have been running 2-3 miles a couple days a week most of the summer. I passed 3 people. I still had a hard time breathing. At the finish line I thought someone was catching me and hauled in to find that no one was there.
OVERALL
I did it 31:06 minutes. I had anticipated doing it in around 40-45 minutes so I am pleased I did better than that. I ended up placing 1st in my division {Novice, Women, age 16 and older.} Pretty good considering I didn't really train for 2 of the 3 events. I think I will do it again next year with a friend, more swimming practice and keep the same distances. Bryan was awesome to get up early and get the kids all ready to come and cheer me on. I won an engraved hammer for my prize and everyone got a tape measure. You know- for Labor Day. Since we're celebrating... labor?
3 comments:
Awesome Maegan! The pictures are great. I'm not that energetic. My labor day consisted of raking leaves, baking and paying bills on-line.
Way to go! I'm impressed. Seeing you do this makes me think maybe I could. I need way more training or should I say I should start training. I thought triathalons were longer than that. I guess they have shorter ones. Good to know. I need to get inspired to start doing something.
That sounds like my kind of triatholon. So proud of you Mae!
Post a Comment