Today was the best day by far. Em, Ash and I started with our regular routine: prayer, calendar (telling time, patterns), writing (Ash wrote d and 4 and Emily wrote the date 2 different ways), recess (girls roller skated), math (Aaron went down for a nap and we learned about $.23 and measuring), snack w/ reading (sandwiches, pears and Dr. Doolittle) and then took a lunch/play break. I love being able to see success at every event! Then we went to the library and picked up books on Autumn, Rosh Hashannah and space (all things Emily is interested in). Then onto Marie Callenders restaurant with Bryan, where we learned about manners and what is involved in eating out. We ate our early dinner at 4 in a near empty restaurant and had a great time. Then home for Emily's Adelaide homework, followed by piano lessons for both girls. It was so successful and fulfilling to me- a day to be remembered.
Especially when I went in yesterday to Em's school class to volunteer and she behaved horribly during the hour I was there. I was worried I was messing her up being in home school b/c now she doesn't know how to sit still. Afterwards I asked her about it and she said she was bored b/c she knew everything in there already; which was true.
I am thinking about signing Emily up for swim lessons on Mon and Wed mornings while Aaron and I do a mom & tot class. The only problem is that Ashley would be missing out b/c she'd be in her preschool. Ah the dilemma of too many fun educational things to fit in. The girls are involved with 'Up With Kids'- a dance, singing and acting class where they will be performing "Alice in Wonderland" in the spring. They have been twice and both love it!
Aaron our sailor man.
2 comments:
I was hoping you would post home school updates since I have been wondering how it was working for you. So glad to hear you are loving it and that it is working out well so far!! I think it's really cool that you can do a combo of school and home school.
Aaron is growing so fast, and look at all that hair. All three kids gorgeous!
Aunt Leah
Post a Comment