Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Camping part 2

After the kids were all asleep Bryan and I went for walk and looked at stars. We went to bed around midnight. Baby Aaron didn't last the night. He woke up at 1:30 a.m. I put him on my chest to warm up, but no. All my camping worst fears were confirmed when our crying baby needed his bed and nothing else was going to be enough. I drove home in the middle of the night. After a lonely 45 minute drive and warming up in our own beds, Aaron and I went to bed (again) at 3 a.m.
Back at camp the girls woke up cold at 5 a.m. Bryan got them re-situated and everyone slept for a while longer. Notice the pink pillow on the bottom right of the pic. That's where Emily slid to during the night. And my tan colored sleeping bag which Bryan used to cover the girls after I left had also slid down.
Bryan was really excited be awake after his long night.
Bryan and ladies needed a ride home so Aaron and I drove back out the next morning for more camping fun.
We had pancakes for breakfast. We went on a hike and saw a snake. We walked to the river and enjoyed watching the fishermen and the people floating down in tubes.
In the end: Gorgeous days with nice weather, happy kids who said they never wanted to leave, and the knowledge that Aaron will need some practice camping in our backyard before we camp far away again.

No comments: