Bryan and I took Bradley birth classes to get ready for Aaron's arrival. The Bradley method is husband coached childbirth. From their website, "Bradley classes teach families how to have natural births. The techniques are simple and effective. They are based on information about how the human body works during labor. Couples are taught how they can work with their bodies to reduce pain and make their labors more efficient." Of all the birth options it seemed like the one that would work great for Bryan and I. It did work great and I actually enjoyed most of my labor with Bryan at my side and it was a beautiful team building experience. It was unifying, loving work to bring our baby into the world.
The other babies in the picture are from the other couples who took the class with us. They are lined up according to age- Aaron the oldest born June 5 and Phoebe the youngest on Aug 26. There were two couples who couldn't come that night so add 2 more babies and that was our class.We just found out the birth center is closing this December b/c of some legislative dumb stuff. The midwives who practice there legally need a doctor to sign for them, but the insurance rate for the doctors who do that is astronomical so they have to downsize and then one lady can reopen. Sad for people who want birth options!
Aaron turns 4 months this week. Time does go by fast. Three kids has not been as hard as I thought it would be. I attribute it to a lot factors: 1) Aaron is a happy baby. When he is happy, I am not stressed and therefore can be a better mom and make him more happy. 2) My girls play together so well. Yes they fight but mostly they are best friends. They are so bored when the other one goes to school. 3) Bryan is home. He works from home most days from the basement. He comes up for food and fresh air and will then help out with whatever needs help. It is heaven. I can run an errand and leave the kids for a few minutes. 4) My sling. It's sanity and it's easy. I love it most all of the time except when Aaron's spit stinks and/or when I've worn it so long my back starts to hurt (about 1-2 hours). 5) I know mom stuff. I am not scared of a crying baby, or poop on me, or if he's hungry. I guess you can say I've had experience and so I don't have to worry too much. 6) Aaron was/is a good sleeper. For about a month he slept from 9pm-5am every night without one wake up. It was too good to last so now he wakes up two-three times a night and is awake at 7am and then down for a nap at 9:30am. Even if he's not a great sleeper now, I had a month of good sleep. And for a recovering mom, it was bliss. Now I just take naps when I nurse or when I can or when Bryan gives me one, and it works. 7) Last but not least, the Lord blessed me with what I can handle and so I know I can handle it and so I am.
So basically life is good! Three is not too much- yeah! Even though my basement had a minor flood and Bryan was gone all day, I was tough and brave and I had two neighbors who came and helped rescue me. And my basement is as good as ever! But that's a story for another day.
3 comments:
I am so sorry about your basement! That is great that Bryan can stay home more.
I can't believe how big all your kids are getting! It's great to keep up with you through blogging. Good luck with the floody basement! You're great - I'm sure 3 kids is a breeze for you.
My sister-in-law (who is now 20 years old) did Sunshine Generation for YEARS. She loved it.
Ben was our easiest kid to bring home. I think you're right. Experience as a mother and a baby with a good disposition makes all the difference in the world.
Poor Marie. I am a much better mom for the other kids--mostly because she is the first to do or go through things. By the time the other kids are there, I have learned not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Post a Comment