Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's my birthday~for a week?

So if anyone rocks at celebrating my birthday, it is my sweet husband. Thanks to diligent training by his mother for years, the man knows how to give good gifts. Like the one you really wanted but forgot that you wanted until you get it? I don't know why I am surprised every time it happens, but I sure am. And not to disappoint here he is again this year...
Friday night I come home late from church craft night (which sounds terribly boring by the title but was actually kind of fun in a I-am-not-crafty-but-this-project-is-easy-so-yeah-me! kind of fun). When I walk in, Bryan rushes out the door with, "I am going to get a movie" and I finish putting the 3 kidlets to bed. In walks Bryan 40 minutes later with a very funny look on his face and then following him in was my old college roommate Jana Petersen! AHHH- TOTAL SURPRISE!!
Jana and I met our first term at BYU, were roommates for a year and another semester. She is my dear friend who I love and we got to play all weekend! Some fun memories of Jana include: dressing up as paper-airplane winners for Halloween (including a routine and medals), creating our own game show "The J Show," inventing songs, Big Booty game, etc- the best and cheesiest kind of good fun. The kind that drive a dear husband insane, but he is the best and invited her from her home in Vegas to play while he babysat the kids.
Saturday Jana and I went shopping at the Gateway mall and got manicures and I got my hair cut and colored. It's chocolate hair with fire- I wanted red and I got it!

We ate lunch with another college friend and then shopped with Aaron for 5 hours. It only felt long but not as long as it really was as we laughed at each other trying on funny jewelry and posing like mannequins. We tried to find a long skirt (they're not in season as we found out 10 stores later), but I ended up with several outfits including new shoes and I am a happy lady.
That night we looked at old pictures and looked found friends online and laughed all night long. Thank you Bryan!
What is catching my curiosity is that I have plans next Friday and Saturday too- What is Bryan up to??? Happy 29th to me!

1 comment:

Nicole Stenzel said...

What a good hubby!!!! Glad you had a great time!