Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Years


New Years Eve was a fun night. We spent it at the Fosters- games, karaoke contest, lots of food and chatting. Bryan took the girls home at 9pm and let me stay up with my family. What a hubby! This picture is my aunt Amy and Ashley singing "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." My mom, Garrett and I went to Temple Square just before midnight and had a nice time there too.
One of our 2008 goals is to run the 1/2 marathon in SLC on April 19th. I now will have a whole crew joining with me on this race: Bryan, my mom, my sister Carlie, my brother Garrett, and my running partner Abbi. My uncle Bill is going to do the full marathon race too so it's going to be a great day full of winners.
Another happy event for 2008 is Carlie getting married! She and Kade Rapier got engaged the end of December and will be married on May 31st. She will be married in the Mesa temple and will stay in the Phoenix/Tucson area while they both finish up school. Wes and Kristin picked a day for their wedding- July 19th in San Diego. Wes is working in Phoenix at Vanguard so they will probably be in the Phoenix area too. We are thrilled to have so many happy events in one year!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but Carlie is NOT old enough to be getting married!! I cannot believe that!!! SO it sounds like Garrett is the only one that is left to get hitched? I would have never thought that he would be the last of the Bedfords to do that!! :)

shelley said...

You're making me tired with all this marathon talk! Congrats Bedford clan for setting so many dates of future happiness!

scooping it up said...

Wow- is your mom having a heart attack marrying off all her babies? How fun. Congrats to everyone. heard things have been fun with all the fam in Utah lately. Wish we could have been there. :)

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sorry we had to miss the New Year's festivities, but it was good to spend time with you guys. I think it's great that you're running that half marathon and that you'll have a lot of support with you. I'd join you, but I have other priorities ie. making this baby grow. Glad to hear things are well!
-- Melissa

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic. Allie had us all ready to run several years ago. Melissa was the only one to make it happen. I'm all about the marriages becuase that means babies sooner or later and that is the best part of married children.