Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today my brain is working on-

My consuming fear for the last two days- inadequacy.  Lots of areas: mother to Emily, mess control of my house, as a good wife, in my calling at church, school next year, etc.
The good news- God is mindful. He is in control. I can trust Him. After a 2 hour pondering session with Him last night, I felt less consumed and more open and aware.
Tender mercies I appreciated- texts from a friend letting me see that I am not forgotten, bunnies on a trail reminding me that God numbers all His creations, a listening husband, a counseling session set up for today made a week ago, Moroni 7 (hope and faith), and a running partner who listened and supported.
Thanks Lord.  I don't feel so alone when I see you around.
Saturday I was praising His name- finding His work in my life; going from "life is pretty good" to "life is great!" just because I knew He was guiding me.  I found Him in the temple and rejoiced.  Sunday night- wham-o. Is that what my future holds?  More times of finding such joy in the Lord and then He says you are ready for more.  I did get a good couple weeks of rejoicing in the Lord before the wham-o.  I guess He's finding out how deep I go.  Opening me to empathy, more truths.  An understanding of the quote by Joseph Smith "...that doesn't require the sacrifice of all things, will never produce the faith necessary..."  Now that I write that down, I realize that's a pretty messed up view of a loving God.  He's going to make it hurt the worst?  But oh yeah- it's for my own good.  Okay so if I focus on that then I can trust Him again.
Come on self- look on the bright side.  Serve others.  From a Jackie Chan movie I watched years ago Rush Hour, the guy's name was Kit; which stood for Keep It Together and he chanted that over and over when times were hard.  That will be my mantra for the morning as I deal with a sick baby boy and my fears "Keep it together, keep it together."  And be praying for the Lord to show me.  Teach me.  Help me find the way to Him.

No comments: