Friday, March 18, 2011

March

I just finished reading all of my friend and family blogs linked on my site. Whew. People have sure been busy doing a lot of living while I've been away! I found out about two pregnancies, ski trips, good books, moms helping kids grow up, craft projects, etc. (By the way if you aren't linked on here anymore it's because your privacy blocker kicked me off or you haven't posted in a really long time). It was funny to note that a majority of bloggers wrote sometime within the last two weeks- not withstanding how far past their previous post occurred. I guess March is a friendly month.

When I wrote the last post I realized it was the first time I blogged without expecting anyone else to read it. I know my mom checks in but I don't know how many other people are checking in. I forgot I have it set to send my blog posts in an email to at least 4 people. One of these people who got an email was my husband. When he told me he read my post, I felt surprised in a scared way to feel like suddenly my private thoughts got told. I hadn't read over my last entry for a final read to see what other people might think of it. He said he thought I was honest and he felt like he wanted to support me during this time, which was a nice thing for him to say.

My flowers in the front are coming up. It is my favorite time of year to be outside. Every day is a new beautiful adventure waiting to happen. In summer it's an adventure of how much more the morning glory will have taken over in one day- not as fun. We have 50+ crocuses that have mostly all bloomed since we got home last Saturday. They are a mix of dark purple, light purple and white. Then we have a yellow flower that looks crocus-ish but I think it's one we planted from bulbs a year or two ago. Our first daffodil came out two days ago with two more today. And our grape hyacinth are coming up too! And our pink tulip tree has one almost full flower and at least 10 others that are coming soon- but we will have hundreds of those before it's done. Yay spring! And thanks again to Erin M. who lived in this house before me that planted them all. Also I pruned and weeded my mini red rose bush in the backyard, which was years overdue.
This year is my first time to fill out the brackets for March Madness and I am tied for 3rd place, out of the 6 in our group. Wes is in the lead he will be happy to note.

No comments: