October 23rd Bryan and I went to a costume party at a friend's house. Bryan picked for us to be Aragorn/Strider and Queen Arawen from Lord of the Rings. His favorite part was carrying around a real sword all night (borrowed from a neighbor). As we danced he learned some new dance moves with a sword and learned that it's tacky if your sword drops on the floor for being improperly buckled.
Monday night the 25th we went as a family to Thanksgiving Point to the Barnyard Boo. It's our tradition and we have learned to dress warm!
It's mostly outside games (i.e. Pin the Wart on the Witch, Bowling down Mummies Pins). This year we enjoyed a story with a witch, frosting a cookie and as always riding the ponies. It was Aaron's 2nd time on a pony and he loved it!
Friday 29th was the girl's dance class (Up With Kids) Halloween party. They wore costumes, performed and went home with more candy.
Saturday 30th was Utah's day to trick-or-treat. We went out for about 45 minutes, got soaked and came back after a fight about umbrellas with the girls. Bryan and I didn't dress up. Aaron, who is nicknamed Aar-Bear went as a bear, Ashley as a fairy and Emily as a pajama princess. That morning we carved 2 pumpkins.
Sunday the 31st I had a stroke of inspiration to create a haunted house with our candy.
We made it out of hot glue, graham crackers, peanut butter and strawberry jelly (blood). There is a pink lizards tongue hanging out the front door (Em), brown gravestones on the ground, a twisted laffy taffy tree (Em), 2 white eyeballs/smarties for the house on the roof (Ash), giant's poop on the roof (Em), and pink paving stone leading to the grave (Ash).
That night we went trick-or-treating to some friends' homes that we missed; after all it was Halloween. No trick-or-treaters came to our house on Sunday. After all the costumes and candy, I am very done with Halloween. I gave the 'good' candy away last night and ate my last two favorites tonight. Goodbye October.
2 comments:
I love the Haunted House! What a perfect way to put all the candy to good use. I can't believe how much your kids are growing up!
I love the picture of you with the kids at the bottom. There is nothing better than being surrounded by littles. :)
Post a Comment