Here are my babies on their first days of school:
Ashley is doing Joyschool Preschool (the home rotating preschool). Here are the 3 kids with a big sister too. Two of the preschool kids were missing, so we'll have 3 boys, 2 girls and 4 different rotating mom as teachers. The first unit is the Joy of the Body followed by the Joy of the Earth. This is my third year doing it and I love it. www.valuesparenting.com/joyschool/
Emily started kindergarden at our public school Adelaide. She has Mrs. Thornell and is very
excited about school. Her grandma Hanks bought her a Hello Kitty backpack and so life is complete. The first week she had Red, Yellow and Blue days where each day the kids wore those colors, they learned a new color song and got to have a new crayon in their crayon box. She had to stay in from recess on Friday b/c she didn't do her work. She was alone in the class and was crying. Sad Emily and sad mom to have to hear that news, although I am not surprised. She is so easily distracted with everyone and every thing when she is not excited to do something.
Here's how I speak right to my husband's heart- I write it with 10 boxes of cereal!
This is how Aaron and I look most days, him tucked away in my green sling (my pouch). He loves being in it! I just wish it weren't so hard on my back!
5 comments:
I can't believe they made her stay in during recess! She's just a baby. And whatever happned to the warning system?
I know! I talked to my mom about it and I am going to give it a week and then talk to her about it. I predict this problem won't be the last time. Plus when she stayed in, she hurried through the paper and did a poor job. I've got a few ideas but my mom said wait until the teacher gets to know her better and can see that pattern for herself.
Ian had similar problems because he worked so slowly - he was trying to be careful and write perfectly and not make mistakes. He was punished and it wasn't fair. Luckily I was able to volunteer in his classroom. Getting to know the teacher helped, but watching Ian's work habits in class helped the most. Poor Em!
That is sad. Jackson starts preschool this week and I'm interested to see how he does. Emily looks like a foot taller than the other kids though and she's the younger end of the group! Crazy. You look great Mae.
grrr! i don't like what happened at school either. and i'm not looking forward to navigating all the "politics" of the classroom - like when to approach the teacher, when to tell your kid to suck it up and deal with it, what to say when... GOOD LUCK!!
Post a Comment