Sunday, February 8, 2009

Temple & Kids Museum

The Draper Temple right now is open to the public for tours.  We went through as a family and had a great time.  The girls were very excited to see inside.  Emily said her favorite room was the married or sealing room and Ashley said she liked the cookies at the end.  
A few weeks later Emily asked, "Mommy where is heaven?"  I thought a lot about this question and I told her heaven could be in two places- on earth and up in the sky.  I told her that on earth heaven could be in temples, and then Emily interrupted and said, "Yeah like in the married room, where there was a big happy feeling in my heart.  Like Jesus was there inside me.  And angels were in my heart."  She was incredulous when I told her heaven could be up by the stars.  "Like in outer space?  That's silly mom."  She knows how to put her feelings in words.  


The girls went on a field trip to the kids museum in the Gateway Mall.  They got to stay for 1 1/2 hours and loved every minute.  Emily's favorite place was the farm/garden where she could put food toys into buckets (planting) and then pick them and make recipes with the food.  Ashley's favorites were 4 tall soft pink and yellow flowers which she carried around guarding them from other kids.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a sweet story about the temple. I always have a longing for my kids when I go to the temple and I can't wait until we can be in there together. What a great little preview for you!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

What sweet little girls. That must be a HUGE benefit living in Utah...don't they have open houses like once a year somewhere in the Salt Lake area? It seems like it! How fun. How are you feeling?

Carolyn said...

I love Emily's comment about Heaven. Don't you love it when kids get it!

Nicole Stenzel said...

That is soooo cute Maegan. Emily is so funny and cute! Such a smart and sweet little girl.