Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Football & Preschool

Emily got to go to her first college football game last Saturday with her daddy. They drove down to Provo with Bryan's friend Jono and his 4 year old Cami to watch the BYU Cougars. We prepped Emily beforehand by teaching her about the fight song with the band, telling her about wearing blue at which she promptly changed her clothes to be all blue and got her a backpack full of snacks, a tambourine and coloring books. The cougars got 41 points and so she had lots of chances to sing and cheer. For the first half of the game she would stand and proudly beat her tambourine along with the marching band to the fight song. Then she got to see Cosmo on the field and fell in love. Dad- a REAL cougar! She really wanted to go down to meet him and she gave him the credit for the 'roar' she kept hearing. She also got to eat a slurpee and a hot dog. She had the best time ever!


Emily's first day of Joyschool Preschool was on Tuesday September 2nd. www.valuesparenting.com is where we get the curriculum and the list of the values that we teach. The first joy is about the body followed by joy of the earth. Each mom teaches two days in a week and then it switches to a new house. There are 5 kids: three 4 year old girls and a 3 year old girl and boy.
Ashley was pretty happy while Emily was gone because she got all of mom's attention. I tried to make it really fun for her so she and I played playdough together and she helped me fold socks in the laundry. My favorite Ashleyisms lately: "Cordi-boy" for Corduroy the bear, "magazines" for magnets, and when I ask her a question about where is something elicits "I just don't know!"

5 comments:

Brianne said...

I've heard a lot about mom's doing joyschool. It sounds like a really neat thing. Good luck with it. I can't believe that you have a child old enough to be going to preschool. Crazy how time flies.

Allie Thornbrue said...

It's been fun to read your updates. I think it is halarious that Bryan took Emily to a football game.

Nicole Stenzel said...

Football YAY! I am so excited about that. Well now that Lisa in back in Utah we all four need to hang out. Megan, you and Lisa and myself. Let me know when a good time for you is!? I hope all is well in North Salt Lake, we for sure need to hang out soon.

Nicole

becky said...

These girls are just too cute for words. I love all of Ashley's -isms and Emily's Cougar spirit! :)

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I so wish we still lived by each other and could do Joyschool together. I can't find anyone to do it with me despite my constant inquiries. How fun to be able to go to BYU games with your girls!