We have been quarantined this week due to the chickenpox. After the Dr appt on Wednesday we've tried to be careful and only taken Emily to a few places (okay 4). I've gone out by myself a couple of times without her as well. And yet today I am starting to feel trapped in my house. This is a wake-up call to me of how accustomed I am to taking my kids places. Or maybe now I feel a loss of the option to leave whenever. Whatever the reason, I am appreciating I live in a time where I have transportation easily accessible, the money to own and maintain my transportation, and usually have the health and strength to go out of my house. Count my many blessings....
After thoroughly inspecting all 20 of her non-itchy spots, I am saying Emily is now safe to go in public again. The Dr said when they all have scabbed over she is no longer contagious and that is what it looks like. So far no signs of spots on Ashley but we will continue to watch her this week. I am thinking that if/when she does, I will do potty training at the same time since we'll be home already.
This week I have found myself playing so much more with my kids. I have been in Barbie and Polly Pocket worlds all week. One day they also were Tarzan (Em) and Jane (Ash). I got to be mommy monkey and dad was the lion that chased them. This was the day they repeatedly jumped off couches. Today Emily announced she is officially getting married to our neighbor Jonathan tomorrow (age 4, lives next door, the only boy in her preschool last year). I kindly reminded her that we don't play with friends on Sunday and so she said they could move it to Monday. The wedding party will be in our front yard. Emily said both families could come, but then changed her mind and said it was only for her and Jonathan. Ashley loves the idea and has also picked her fiancee, Jonathan's little brother David (age 2). So maybe we'll have a double wedding. Emily has also loved playing school this week and has learned how to write most of her last name and some of her numbers. Bryan got Emily's 2 wheeler bike today fixed with a new seat and training wheels and they had a blast today biking around the block. So all-in-all we've had a great week!
4 comments:
Congratulations on making it through the quarantine! You are such a great mom! Looking forward to our lunch! Talk to ya' soon!
I haven't looked at your blog in a while. You guys have had a great summer. Chad is going to be SO jealous when he hears Bryan has his own firm. Chad's firm is of course demanding more hours, so I think we'll be examining our options in this upcoming year. Emily is such a smart girl. I wish we could see your girls again. We wanted to stop by when we did an overnight trip in SLC, but we were there for less than 24 hours and were late for our family reunion! We miss you guys!
I can't imagine being quarantined...not fun. I would go bonkers. I'm glad you've made it through. Hey, did you ever go up to Twin Falls? Did you find someone to go with you? Talk to you soon.
Congratulations on the nuptials.
Post a Comment