There may have been 70 people running the race. It was a fund-raiser race for 3 boys for their college. My friend Jenny found out about it and she was excited and nervous to run her first race so I ran it with her. We ran 3.1 miles in 35 minutes and had a great time. I loved the yummy fruit and pancake breakfast afterwards and the two hours without kids crying or fighting.
This is the story of our family and how we came to be. Hope this brings a few smiles.
Monday, August 25, 2008
My Race
There may have been 70 people running the race. It was a fund-raiser race for 3 boys for their college. My friend Jenny found out about it and she was excited and nervous to run her first race so I ran it with her. We ran 3.1 miles in 35 minutes and had a great time. I loved the yummy fruit and pancake breakfast afterwards and the two hours without kids crying or fighting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so awesome Meagan. I think I might sign up for something like that. I have been running everyday and can run a couple miles now without stopping (huge for me). I'm not sure if you watched the olympics marathon but the gold medalist ran it in 2 1/2 hours!!! That's like 5 min miles. I was totally amazed. Wouldn't that be awesome?
Running for you hooray! I love doing races now and then. I figure I could run the same distance the next day and not have to pay anything, but if my $20 goes towards helping something, I'll do it. I ran my 13 miles in 2 hrs 22 minutes, so for me that would not be awesome to run 26 miles at 5 minutes each. That means I would be obsessed with time, eating, running and I choose to not have that life. But I will definitely be excited for them and for anyone who chooses to run because it feels good.
Way to go Mae! It's great you're still running. I REALLY miss it.
How has the chicken pox resolved?
Post a Comment