Three nights ago I was putting Emily to bed and she started singing a song. Upon request of friends who love her spontaneity, I wrote it down. Her inspiration comes from a Book of Mormon scripture story about a Christian convert King Lamoni and his encounter with his unhappy father.
The tune is a free-lance rhythm going up and down short scales.
"You do not fight with your father
You do not fight with your father
You do not fight with your father
You just be nice to your father
And just have hakuna-matata. (She stops singing to laugh at her own joke)
Whatever you think you know is true
You do not fight with your brother or sister
Never hit or push at night
Wake up in the morning and stretch.
You never you ever fight
Don't think of strangers
Just think of us
Just think of peaceful
Ever Jesus is coming
Watch out!
Return
You know what happened to our Father
You know it's true
You never know what is really true.
You know love and animals
Hasheen
Heavenly Father loves us
He really does
Happy
You'll be happy if you wake up
If you wake up grouchy you'll feel sad
Follow your Father
And even your mom and dad."
She asked that I sing it back to her afterwards, and she was very pleased with it.
A few days before that she and I were talking about Jesus. She asked when Jesus was coming back to earth and I told her I wasn't really sure. She said, "I think he's coming in... February."
2 comments:
I'm telling you, you're kids are hilarious. I'm surprised she didn't throw something in there about her purple headband...hmmm...
We found out later the word "Ha-sheen" in Hebrew means The God. The girl is totally in tune.
Post a Comment