

So we made it! We went on our stake's pioneer trek on June 30- July 3rd. We were part of the support staff and ended up being bus chaperones, Bryan was in charge of microphone set up, I conducted the group singing and we were actors one day. We had a great time. We slept on the ground, walked a total of 24.5 miles and endured hot and cold temperatures. Because were in the staff area we did get a tent and all kinds of good food whereas the other trekkers did not. The first day we walked 13 miles, including a women's pull and we finally stopped around midnight. The last full day we had some solo time where we had two hours to ourselves and got to reflect on life and important things. I think that was the best part for Bryan and I. The kids' testimony meeting was held that night and it was so wonderful to hear all the kids

feelings and to know that they are such good kids with awesome potential. It was a great trip. Thanks to my mother-in-law watched the girls for us. I took away an amazing appreciation for the pioneers who did not have anything but their faith. I also love modern technology- liquid soap! shampoo! A/C!
4 comments:
I think that sounds awesome. I would like to go on a trek one day. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you got to have that experience.
I love your pioneer get-up. I especially like the tennis shoes and sun glasses - gives it an extra touch. You must have been like the weathly pioneers. Had to have been hard but fun!
I love the pics. What a great experience for both of you. You're awesome!
What a fun opportunity! Hey Mae, can you email me your phone number?
Post a Comment