Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Safety First

Today we went to Target to get the girl's pictures taken. We got in pretty quick but had to wait over an hour to look at them. My girls did great shopping for that long. As I was looking at pictures, my girls got thirsty. I watched them walk off to the drinking fountain, get drinks and then start back. I put Ashley in the cart and then got back into my pictures. I assumed Emily would be there, or was there because there were a lot of kids. I think it was 5 minutes before I realized that she wasn't there. I panicked, looked for her, couldn't find her and panicked more. I looked for a few minutes and then went to the clerk. As she was about to announce a lost kid on the intercom, I found her. I counted my blessings right then, a lot. It's only every week that I look at the 'Lost Child' section in the ads and think "Where on earth would I ever see this kid?"! Today when I looked at my ads, it showed the picture and then said, "Don't put your child's name on the internet." So hence the upped safety precautions on this blog.
In talking to Emily about it afterwards, I asked if she was scared. She said, "I wasn't lost, I was right here." She said she found a nice lady that became her friend and helped her find me. Thank you angel lady for helping my baby feel safe!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

SCARY! I'm so glad everything was fine! Oh, sometimes it is hard being a mommy! I mean, sometimes I think is it really a good idea for me to be in charge of these kids? And all the things that scare us to death!

How did the pictures turn out?

Maegan said...

The pictures turned out pretty good. My intent was mostly pics of Ash. We did both girls together, then Ash and then Em. My dear Ashley child decided to have stranger anxiety, be stubborn about what positions I could put her in and refused her second outfit I brought for her. So we got good pics of them together, okay pics of Ash and really cute of Emily. Though I always think they are all cute b/c they are my kids!

Nicole Stenzel said...

Oh sorry! That sounds crazy, I am so sorry! Well at least she is safe and sound at home with her mommy! So glad you wrote me so that I can read your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it sad that we have to take so many precautions to keep our kids safe. I am so glad that the story turned out well and I am all for "login" blogs!

Carolyn said...

Hey Maegan, thanks for the invite! I'm so glad that Emily was okay. I lost Maddie at the store once when she was 3 or 4 and they had to make an announcement over the intercom. Someone finally found her playing hide-and-seek under a clothing rack! It was the longest 15 minutes of my life!!! And just like Emily, she wasn't concerned at all, she just thought she was playing a great game with Mom! It's amazing how something like this makes you realize just how much you love your little ones and just how much you fear for them....

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I need to make our blog private too, but I'll miss all the random past friends that find it. I am SO scared of crazies coming to get my kids. I'm always on the lookout for possible kidnappers at the store/park. Jackson tries to get away and run around the store everytime, so we're working on keeping our hands on the cart ALWAYS.

Brianne said...

So scary. I know that is one of my worst fears...I'm glad everything turned out alright and that there are still good people out there in this crazy world