Emily having fun finger painting with chocolate pudding during Joyschool. It was a day of discovering our 5 senses. We even got to taste it as we painted! Emily loves painting and eating- a perfect activity for her. And we all like joyschool (Ashley sometimes has a hard time). There are 5 kids and 4 teaching moms, which means I teach 3 days each month. The prep is a lot, but the results are lots of fun. I really like the curriculum- it's so not like normal school with letters and numbers. It's about becoming aware of the wonderful things around us (our bodies, our world) and learning crucial social skills (honesty, imagination, service, communication, etc). I like the other moms in the group, I like the low costs, I like playing/learning along with the kids, I like the time off when I am not teaching, and I like still being involved with education. In other words, we are having a great experience and having fun too!
This is the story of our family and how we came to be. Hope this brings a few smiles.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Chocolate Painting
Emily having fun finger painting with chocolate pudding during Joyschool. It was a day of discovering our 5 senses. We even got to taste it as we painted! Emily loves painting and eating- a perfect activity for her. And we all like joyschool (Ashley sometimes has a hard time). There are 5 kids and 4 teaching moms, which means I teach 3 days each month. The prep is a lot, but the results are lots of fun. I really like the curriculum- it's so not like normal school with letters and numbers. It's about becoming aware of the wonderful things around us (our bodies, our world) and learning crucial social skills (honesty, imagination, service, communication, etc). I like the other moms in the group, I like the low costs, I like playing/learning along with the kids, I like the time off when I am not teaching, and I like still being involved with education. In other words, we are having a great experience and having fun too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun! We'll have to try that at our house...maybe.
PS--Email me on how to find the curriculum. I would love to do something like that for Jacks.
Post a Comment